There are a lot of advantages to belonging to a writers’ group:
· It provides you with a deadline, albeit an easy one. But I feel guilty if I do not hand in a new chapter every time.
· Others see things you never see. I go over and over my chapters, but someone in the group always points out something I didn’t see.
· You learn a lot. I learn more from my writing group than I ever could from a class.
But be sure:
· The group is not just social
· They get along. One obnoxious person can spoil a group
· They say that you should be the least skilled person in the group. That way you will learn more.