- Is a short story always about a change in a character? If so is Cinderella a short story? Does she change?
- How long is a short story?
- Is a short story one or many? Does it have one theme, one setting, focus on one character? In general, does the word ONE describe a short story?
- Is it easy to get a short story published? On the Internet?
- Can you make a living writing short stories?
A CHECKLIST FOR SHORT STORIES
- Compelling open _________
- Characterization _________
- Interesting plot _________
- Dialogue natural _________
- Pace good _________
- POV consistent _________
- Protagonist take action _________
- Setting effective _________
- Theme developed _________