How do your decide which Point of View (POV)to use in a story or an article? It seems we have an instinct as to which to use. We start writing and it comes to us automatically. However it is good to think about Point of View and which is the best one to use.
1. Which POV SHOWS instead of TELLS?
2. Which character supplies the:
- reader identity
- author’s message
- the show – not the tell
3. Which way gives the most EMOTIONAL impact?
4. Which way is easiest for the writer’s ability?
5. Which character changes the most? According to the Hero’s Journey that character is your lead, your protagonist.
How do YOU decide which POV to use?